PART I: THE LANGUAGE OF ART
1. The Power of Art.
2. The Primary Elements.
3. The Principles of Design.
PART II: THE ARTIST’S MATERIALS AND TOOLS
8. New Media: Time and Digital Arts.
11. Decorative Arts, Crafts and Design.
PART III: A GLOBAL HERITAGE
12. Ancient Empires, Ancient Gods.
13. The Age of Faith.
14. The Renaissance.
15. Drama and Light: Mannerism, The Baroque, and Rococo.
PART IV: THE MODERN ERA
16. The Battle of the Ism’s: Neoclassicism, Romanticism, and Realism.
17. Out of the Studio and into the Light: Impressionism and Post-Impressionism.
18. The Real World on Trial: The Early Twentieth Century.
19. The Invisible Made Visible: Abstract and Nonrepresentational Art.
20. A Storm of Images: Art in the Contemporary World.